A view of German stamps issued in the Third Reich in 1936
6th January 1936. Airmail
Issued for the 10th anniversary Lufthansa. Aircraft in the design is a Lufthansa He 70 "Blitz".
15th February 1936. Automobil Exhibition Berlin
50th Anniversary of the Automobil in Germany.
Stamps designs show Daimler and Benz.
15th February on sale ONLY in Berlin, the exhibition was held in Berlin. 24th February on sale in the rest of Germany.
19th March 1936. Airmail
Design shows Zeppelin LZ129 "Hindenburg" over the Atlantic flying towards North America. These stamps had the same problem as the OSTROPA stamps, the gum contained an acid that attacked the paper!
4th May 1936. 250th Anniversary of the Death of Otto von Guericke
The death of the physicist Otto von Guericke 250 years ago. (1602-1686). Von Guericke was the Mayor of Magdeburg and the inventer of the air pump. Stamp valid until the 31st December 1937.
9th May 1936 Olympia Stamp Set
These stamps went on sale three months before the Olympic Games, to promote awareness of the upcoming games.
3rd June 1936. Local Council Congress
7th/21st June 1936, 6th International Local Council Congress in Berlin and Munich.
22nd June 1936. The Brown Ribbon Race
Soon after the founding of the Third Reich, the "Brown Ribbon" horse races were run in Munich. The stamps were on miniature sheets containing one stamp.
30th June 1936. Leisure Time Congress
The Leisure Time Congress was held in Hamburg, 23rd/30th July 1936.
3rd September 1936. The Nuremburg Rally Set
The 1936 Nuremburg Rally ran from the 8th to the 14th September 1936.
21st September 1936. Winter Relief Fund
The motive for 1936 was building projects and the reconstruction of the new Germany. A set of 9 stamps and an official postcard were placed on sale. Most of the buildings still exist and worth a visit, especially Goerings Air Ministry building in Berlin (4Rpf stamp).
21st October 1936. Building the new court house in Munich
Linked to the building motive in the Winter Relief Issue, the official postcard went on sale for the building of the new court house (Haus des Deutschen Rechts) in Munich. The first stone was laid on the 23rd October 1936.